Site Content is Not Legal Advice: The content posted on this website has been prepared by attorneys at The Goodman Law Firm for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. It is not an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create an attorney client relationship. Internet subscribers and online readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel. Non-professionals should seek the assistance of a licensed attorney in their jurisdictions, and professionals should consult the primary source materials such as statutes and case laws directly.
No Attorney Client Privileged Communications: Communications through this Website: (a) does not create an attorney-client relationship; (b) are not solicitations; (c) does not convey or constitute legal advice; and (d) does not substitute as legal advice from a qualified attorney. All users must seek qualified professional counsel pertaining to user specific questions or issues. Any contact through this website or via e-mail prior to the execution of a written retainer agreement with The Goodman Law Firm is not afforded any attorney client privilege. No confidential or sensitive information should be sent through or posted on this website. No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.
Third Party Links: Please note that your use of this website and any links to any third party sites are at your own risk and we assume no responsibility for download or use of information from this website. Any content downloaded from this site is done at your own risk as we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system or any loss of data that results from the use of this site.
By registering or using this site, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, the collection, use and transfer of the personal information provided by you in the manner described in this Statement. Please read this Statement carefully as it affects your rights and liabilities under the law. If you disagree with the way we collect and process personal information, please do not use this website.
Scope of this Policy
This policy applies to this website and regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants both us and you various rights with respect to your personal data. It describes what type of information we collect; how we use that information and to whom we can provide that information. It also informs you of how to notify us to stop using your information. The Goodman Law Firm is located in the United States. You may be located in a country that has laws which are more restrictive about the collection and use of your personal information. However, by using our site, you agree to waive the more restrictive laws and agree to be governed by the laws of the United States.
This Site may also post links to other websites over which we have no control. As such, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites when you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Information We Collect and Retain
We collect the following general types of information about you when you visit and use our Site: personal information, demographic information, behavioral information, and indirect information. Sometimes we collect combinations of these types of information.
Personal information – is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate, personally. We do not collect personal information unless you choose to provide it to us. Some examples of personal information that we collect in some areas of our Site, depending on the services you use and local law, are:
- First and Last Name
- Physical Address
- Email address
- Telephone number
Behavioral information – is information pertaining to how you use our site, the areas of our site that you visit, what services you access, and information about your computer hardware and software including your IP address, geographic location, browser preference, operating system type, domain names, and other website you have been referred to us through. This information is necessary for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services.
No Information Collected from Children – The Goodman Law Firm will never knowingly collect any Personal Information about children under the age of 13. If The Goodman Law Firm obtains actual knowledge that it has collected Personal Information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from its database. Because it does not collect such information, The Goodman Law Firm has no such information to use or to disclose to third parties.
We predominately use “session” cookies, which are not permanently stored on your hard drive. Session cookies expire after two hours of inactivity or when you close your browser. When you carry out the purchase of a service or product on our website, a large amount of data is processed by our system and transferred through each page of the search or registration. This information includes all information you input on a registration page or questionnaire you complete as part of the registration process as well as demographic information that is not unique to you. “Session” cookies allow us to keep track of this data until you have completed your search or registration.
We may use “persistent” cookies primarily to ensure that we do not show you pages that you have already seen and to personalize your site experience and save you time. “Persistent” Cookies enable us to recognize whether you have responded to any questionnaire or registration or have already been presented with an advertisement or information placed on the site so that we do not show you the same information again the next time you visit our site. The “persistent” cookies we use will remain on your computer after you have left our site and will expire when you log out of the Site.
Removing Cookies: You have the ability to accept, decline or move cookies at any time by modifying your browser settings. Please see http://cookiecentral.com. If you choose to decline cookies, however, that may hinder performance and negatively impact your experience on the web site.
Web Beacons: We also use electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs, clear gifs or action tags) that allow us to collect certain information about your visit to this website (including the number of users who have visited those pages), measure and improve the effectiveness of our site. Web beacons are not used to access your personally identifiable information; they are a technique used to compile aggregated statistics about website usage. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of page view and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides. This information may be shared with one or more of the vendors assisting us in building and running this site so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the web pages, how those visitors use those web pages, and the effectiveness of the website. We may also use web beacons in email messages sent to individuals listed in our database to determine if you have opened the email and reviewed the same.
Disabling Web Beacons. Because Web beacons are the same as any other content request, you cannot opt out or refuse them. However, they can be rendered ineffective by either opting out of cookies or changing the cookie setup in your browser.
IP Addresses: We automatically track certain information based upon your behavior on the site. We may use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our community. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the site or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address. Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) is a unique Internet “address” which is assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”). For local area network (“LAN”), DSL, or cable modem users, an IP address may be permanently assigned to a particular computer. IP addresses are automatically logged by Web servers, collecting information about a user’s traffic patterns. While the IP address does not identify an individual by name, it may, with the cooperation of the ISP, be used to locate and identify an individual using the Web. Your IP address can, however, reveal what geographic area you are connecting from, or which ISP you are using. Finally, other websites you visit have IP addresses, and we may collect the IP addresses of those websites and their pages.
How We Use the Information Collected
Providing Services: We use the information we gather on the Site for the purposes of providing the services you have requested such as providing you with our monthly newsletter. This may include passing your information on to a third party with which we have a contract to provide such services.
Improving our Website: We use the information we gather on the Site to respond to any inquires you make; operate and improve our Site, improve and create a positive user experience
Public Posting: Information you post in public areas of the Site or place in the searchable database will be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence. By providing your personal information for inclusion in our database, you acknowledge that you consent to your information being used as described herein. While we use commercial industry standards to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use by third parties, we do not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you post or otherwise make available in the public areas of our Site. Please be sure you do not post sensitive information in these areas.
Disclosure of Information to Others
We do not disclose any information about you to third parties for commercial use. We do disclose the non-personal identifiable information to our vendors who are assisting us in running this site and distributing our newsletter.
Use of Your Information for Email
Email and Unsubscribe Policy: We provide a monthly newsletter and occasional legal alerts to those who have registered to receive such emails and alerts. If email recipients wish to end their email subscription they need only to follow the instructions at the end of each email message to unsubscribe or send an email to email@example.com.
We endeavor to safeguard and protect your information. When you submit information at the website, such information is protected both online and offline. The servers in which we store Personal Information are kept in a secure physical environment. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. Currently, we use Secure Socket Layer Software (“SSL”) to protect data and to secure any transactions. SSL encrypts information, including credit card numbers, names and addresses as they are transmitted over the Internet. Please be advised that, although we take commercially reasonable technological precautions to protect your data, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot and do not warrant that your information will be absolutely secure. Any transmission of data at or through this site is at your own risk. However, access to your information is strictly limited, and not accessible to the public.
Changes to Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to make material changes to the substance of this Privacy Statement. We will post those changes through a prominent notice on the web site so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and to whom we will disclose it.
Your California Rights
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed.
California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per person each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
The materials located on this website are provided by The Goodman Law Firm. The use of this website is subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. No Legal Services or Attorney-Client Relationship. Our website is not intended to be a source of legal advice, and no information on this website may be considered or relied upon as legal advice on any matter. You should seek legal counsel regarding your particular situation.
2. Website Content is for Informational Purposes Only. The content available on this Website is prepared by attorneys at The Goodman Law Firm and is intended for informational purposes only. The information provided on this website is provided only as general information, which may or may not reflect the most current legal developments. The opinions expressed on or through this website are the opinions of the individual authors and may not reflect the opinions of the law firm or any individual attorney.
3. License. The Goodman Law Firm authorizes you to view, copy, download, and print the content on this website so long as (a) the content is used solely for personal, noncommercial, and informational purposes; (b) the content is not modified; (c) a copyright notice appears on the document as follows: “© 2011 TGLF, A.P.C. All Rights Reserved.” To request permission to reproduce, copy or redistribute any portions of the content from this site, please contact us as email@example.com.
4. No Advertisement or Solicitation. The purpose of this website is to notify internet business entrepreneur of past, current and future legal trends. It is not a solicitation to any particular business or business section. An attorney-client relationship is established only after a written engagement letter has been completed through direct personal communications between a client and an attorney at our law firm. The duties of confidentiality and the attorney-client privilege do not arise until we have expressly agreed to a written client engagement letter. Our firm’s legal services are offered only in accordance with applicable law and regulations and rules of professional conduct governing our practice, and nothing in this website should be construed as engaging, or offering to engage, in any activities in any jurisdiction where such activities would constitute the unauthorized practice of law or would otherwise be unlawful or improper.
5. Use in other jurisdictions. The Goodman Law Firm practices law only in jurisdictions in which it is properly authorized to do so. We do not seek to represent anyone in any jurisdiction where this website does not comply or is inconsistent with the rules governing communication of legal services in a particular state.
6. NO WARRANTIES/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. THE GOODMAN LAW FIRM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, CHANGE, IMPROVE, OR UPDATE THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE WITHOUT NOTICE. THE GOODMAN LAW FIRM ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE.
Information provided on this website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties and merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. We may, from time to time, add, delete, change or modify information and documents on this website without notice. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this website. Under no circumstances and under no legal theory shall we be liable to you or any other person for any damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or special arising from your access to or use of this website.
7. Third party links. This website may have links to other internet websites maintained by third parties. Neither The Goodman Law Firm nor its affiliates operate or control, in any respect, any information, products, or services on such linked sites. The Goodman Law Firm does not guarantee the timeliness, sequence, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or content of such information. The inclusion of any links does not imply recommendation, approval or endorsement by The Goodman Law Firm of the site or its contents.
8. Email Communications. Email addresses and email links at this site to our firm and its attorneys and other personnel are provided as a convenience. All persons contacting us by email, or transmitting data to us over the Internet, are cautioned that such transmissions could be misdirected or intercepted and are not privileged until we are engaged by a client. Please do not send us any sensitive or confidential information by email.